This famous Indian pudding would be a treat to a sweet tooth. Kheer which is also know as Payasam by the South Indians is cooked specially at a festive period. But, it also can be consumed at a tea time. Kheer was said to be originated in the kitchen of imperial Muslim rulers in India and was prepared on Eid and other functions in the country. Some extremely delicious products are added to this yummy food and I have mentioned the ingredients and the method below.
Boiled milk 4cups
Condensed milk (I used Milkmaid for this) 1/2 cup
Semolina 1/2 cup (Can use Sago as well)
Sugar 1/2 cup
I have posted the four main ingredients of the recipe, below.
1. In a pan, add some ghee and when it is heated, add the cashews and stir them
2. After the cashews turn red, take them away and roast the almonds and plums in the same ghee.
3. After the plums turn like a balloon, take the plums and almonds away from the pan.
4. In the same ghee, add vermicelli and roast till its colour changes.
5. Now, take another bowl and add water, half of the boiled milk and semolina or sago and mix them.
6. Then, add the roasted vermicelli and mix them.
7. After vermicelli and semolina are boiled well, add milkmaid, sugar and mix them.
8. Now, add the remaining milk and mix it as well.
9. At last, add the roasted nuts, cardamom and mix it once more.
Now you can serve the hot Kheer and enjoy!
Hope you would enjoy the recipe. I will soon be with another recipe or book review. Until the next post!