Nasi Goreng, the Indonesian Fried Rice is a famous cuisine among many countries and is much cherished among every human being. It has been called the national dish of Indonesia and is usually stuffed with prawns meat and chicken. It is also distinguished by other fried rice recipes for its aromatic, earthy and smoky flavour. Doesn’t the mere description of this make everyone’s mouth water? Indeed it is famous in every vendors and restaurants of Asian countries. Scroll down to find the recipe of this extremely delicious dish.
For the rice:
Basmathi rice 500g
Chicken Stock 1 1/2 tbsp.
Butter/ Margarine 3tbsp
Ginger garlic paste 1 1/2 tbsp
Spring onion with its leaves 2
For the curry:
Peas 1/2 cup
Pieces of spring onion leaves 300g
Dried Chillies 10 (Cut into pieces)
Ginger garlic paste 1tbsp
Chilli paste 2tbsp
Peanut butter 2tbsp
Soya sauce 4tbsp
1. Star with adding butter to a pan and wait till it gets melted.
2. After the butter is melted add the onions and spring onions.
3. Next, continue by adding rice and mix them all together.
4. Then, pour in the chicken stock and water, followed by salt and mix them too.
5. Finally, close the pan from a lid and leave the the rice to boil.
For the curry:
1. In a another pan, pour some oil and add the ginger garlic paste, onion, and sauté.
2. Next, add the dried chillies and after mixing them all together continue by adding chicken.
3. When the chicken is half cooked, add the prawns to the pan and leave it to cook.
4. When it’s done, put 2tbsp of peanut butter and 2tbsp of chilli paste and mix them as well.
5. Continue by adding soya sauce, salt and pepper.
6. At last add the peas and mix them well.
7. When the curry is cooked add them to the boiled rice which you have cooked before and mix them.
8. After the process is done, add the spring onion leaves and keep the mixture in low heat for half an hour.
9. When the cuisine is completely ready, serve the Nasi Goreng hot, placing an omelette on top and enjoy!
Hope you liked the recipe. Let me know in the comment section below. If you liked this post, click the like button below. Would be with another post soon. Until the next time.