Ma’amoul is an Arab cookie made with semolina, dates and nuts. It can be made in the form of balls and also in other shapes. They can be made by hands or wooden moulds. Ma’amoul is usually made before Eid or Christmas. These sweet cookies can also be used at tea time in our daily life. Ma’amoul is a simple cookie to make at home. To enjoy this, scroll down and find out the method.
(For the date filling)
Melted butter 1tbsp
Cardamom powder 1/2tsp
For the cookie:
Semolina 1/2 cup
Milk powder 1/2 cup
Sugar 1/2 cup
Baking powder 1tsp
Melted butter 1cup
Method (for the filling)
1. In a heated pan, add melted butter, dates, cardamom powder and stir them well till the dates melt.
2. After it gets dissolved, make small balls out of it
(For the cookie)
1. Mix semolina, baking powder, flour and salt.
2. Pour the melted butter, Milk into it and knead them well and close it for half an hour.
3. After half an hour make small balls out of it.
(The picture of the semolina balls and date balls are given below)
4. Take a semolina ball and press the center of it using your fingers and place a date ball on top of it.
5. Now, cover the date balls and shape them (you can use a mould to help yourself)
6. Design the balls as you desire and pre heat the oven for 180 degree C and bake for 20mins.
7. After 20mins take the cookies out of the oven and ENJOY!!
If you like this recipe click the like button and for more such posts press follow. Bookish Refreshment would be back with another post soon.